Last Updated August 3, 2020
Read about the science of #COVID19 #vaccine trials, as well as news, and more in our #COVID articles with @TheSharedScope.Tweet
We will update this page to keep you informed regarding COVID-19 — explaining the complexities in the simplest terms possible. As we add to this growing list of COVID-19 information, including news and updates on vaccine trials, and more, we will link to them below.
NEW!! Don’t miss Nidhi’s post on the Novavax COVID-19 vaccine (published July 24, 2020). Also check out Nidhi’s post over at her blog, The Shared Microscope, about the timeline of clinical trials (published August 3, 2020).
How do the most promising COVID-19 vaccines work?
- United States (Cambridge, MA): Moderna’s COVID-19 Vaccine – Published June 28, 2020
- England: Oxford/AstraZeneca’s COVID-19 Vaccine – Published July 2, 2020
- China: CoronaVac, Sinovac’s COVID-19 Vaccine – Published July 22, 2020
- United States (Germantown, MD): Novavax’s COVID-19 Vaccine – Published July 24, 2020
- Guest Posts:
COVID-19 Vaccines: The Frontrunners (mentions Moderna, Oxford) – Published July 10, 2020
What’s it like to participate in a COVID-19 clinical trial?
What’s It Like to Participate in a Clinical Trial for a COVID-19 Vaccine? – Published July 13, 2020
What will the future be like in a COVID-19 world?
- 5 Experts Muse about the Future of COVID-19 – Published July 14, 2020
What is SARS-CoV-2, the novel coronavirus that causes COVID-19?
- What is COVID-19? – Published February 23, 2020 at The Shared Microscope
- What is a Pandemic? – Published March 4, 2020, at The Shared Microscope
- The Importance of Handwashing to Curb the Spread of COVID-19 – Published March 25, 2020 at The Shared Microscope
General Science Articles Useful to Understand COVID-19
- How does the clinical trials process work? – Published August 3, 2020 at The Shared Microscope
- How do viruses work? (Part 1, Part 2) – Published February 23-24, 2020 at The Shared Microscope
About Nidhi Parekh and The Shared Microscope
Science writer and illustrator Nidhi Parekh creates technically precise science writing and illustrations on her blog, The Shared Microscope. Find them on Instagram @TheSharedMicroscope, on Facebook @TheSharedMicroscope, and on Twitter @TheSharedScope.
About Fancy Comma, LLC
The team at Fancy Comma, LLC has 20+ cumulative years of academic research experience in both the sciences and social sciences, and about a decade of cumulative freelance writing and editing experience. Learn more about our team, or contact us here.
Founder and Lead Writer/Researcher, Sheeva Azma, has over 10+ years of experience in scientific research as well as 7+ years of freelance science writing experience. Read more about how Fancy Comma can help you in the time of COVID-19 here.